Friday, October 29, 2010

Evil Eye

I wanted something simple and fun since I always want something fun, but I have a manicure planned for Saturday when the Katy Kostume is coming out again and didn't want to spend a lot of time on something I was just going to take off in 36 hours!  I still have these sparkle polishes from China Glaze Halloween (Awakening) collection and wanted to showcase them a bit.  Plus I picked up a clearance Sally Hansen sparkle polish and decided to throw them all together.  The design is a cultural talisman that wards off the evil eye.  Don't know what the evil eye is?  Here's a link to Wikipedia for some background info.  And here is a look at some images of the talisman (as seen on my nail) to protect me or anyone from harm!  So I asked you last time if you believed in ghosts or the paranormal, now I want to know: Are you superstitious?  Do you have any rituals or beliefs that you feel protect you from harm (or those who want to do you harm)?



The Pink/Purple side of manicure:

The orange side of manicure:

For the manicure I first coated twice with China Glaze Mummy May Ithen on one half of my nail I painted a coat of Ick-A-Bod-Y.  Over the whole nail I added Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear in Rockstar Pink.  The evil eye is made of the following colors Essie Midnight CamiChina Glaze Bahamian EscapeUlta Angel Babyand Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight in NY and China Glaze Golden Enchantment as a sparkle over the eye.  I used one coat of Seche Vite to bring out the sparkle!

3 comments:

iPolished said...

I would not consider myself superstitious. I feel like it's one step closer to OCD behavior and I don't want to have a mental health diagnosis. :)

Unknown said...

I know abut the evil eye, and I really like this manicure! :)

I'm not superstitious, but I don't put my purse on the ground (makes you lose money) and I do not like walking under ladders..but if I do either, it doesn't kill my day :)

nodak1982 said...

Now, that I looked up the links associated with the mani I can get into this mani!

Superstitious. . . Well when I was little I would drive my mom crazy at the supermarket or at the mall because I would not step on a crack and be responsible if my mother broke her back. But I outgrew that one. Now I still pause when I see a black cat or walk under a latter because of growing up hearing those sayings, but it doesn't stop me. Oh and I step on cracks all the time now and my mom is just fine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...