Thursday, September 16, 2010

Two Sides To Every Story

Threads frayed, time to move on.  This manicure is the result of a failed design idea.  When I first looked at the finished result, I thought I hated it.  Then I woke up and looked at it in a new light--daylight, and it started to really grow on me.  The colors in the Orly Cosmic FX collection are so multifaceted, your eyes are always drawn to them because they look different all the time based on lighting and angles.  So out of failure comes something close to fabulous!  I think I finally got decent pictures of these colors and their contrasting reflections.  The last picture is in natural light and after the manicure had seen the whole day, so it's showing some tip wear.






I painted three coats of Galaxy Girl on two-thirds of my nail.  On the other third, starting from the bottom to the top I painted It's Not Rocket Science, Space Cadet, and Lunar Eclipse all from the Cosmic FX collection.  I painted one coat of Seche Vite on top.

7 comments:

Tara said...

I actully really like how this one turned out too... its a nice color combo and makes your nails look like you painted with a multichrome polish.

I do nail art on my blog too! I've never stamped on it though, I just do freehand. Come enter my giveaway! http://www.ForYourNailsOnly.blogspot.com

Freshie said...

I think it's fantastic!

Erin said...

love, love these colors.

heatheryruth said...

Very cool! I also did my most recent Pedi with "cosmic" prism colors. I think they are WONDERFUL for fall cuz they are always changing....just like the foliage around me! :)

Ginelle Flores said...

This is pretty cool it looks like if it was oil on the ground or something like that, you can see a lot of colors :)
I tried doing the marbled the other day because I saw your video and I was convinced that I would get it right...but no, I guess the polish were the problem but i'll try it later :)

Jessie said...

I think they are good colors for the season.

Ginger @ GReads! said...

This sort of reminds me of oil in water.. you know how it makes that rainbow effect of colors? Very cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...