Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Denim Scorpion

I bought this new China Glaze color from the Vintage Vixen collection and it immediately reminded me of denim.  So I decided I'd make pockets, and name the post after the best misquote from my sister of a local amusement park ride; it's named Steel Venom, but she calls the Denim Scorpion.  I love her misquotes mostly because they have so much conviction.

Right Hand:

Left Hand:

Three coats were used in Midnight Mission.  The colors used for the embellishments were Orly Rage, Luxe, So Easy Stripe Rite in White, Silver and Gold Metallic.  I sealed the look with one coat of Seche Vite and then matted the entire look with Essie Matte About You.  (I find that the matte finish tends to make polishes bleed--as you can see with my middle finger on my left hand where I did not seal first, so a top coat first makes a big difference.)

Close up of polish bleed and paint detail:

3 comments:

Kari said...

Holy crap! Totally hilarious. That sister of yours must be pretty amazing to inspire such a cool mani.

Erin said...

DENIM SCORPION!!! Love it! Awesome. Maybe this will be sufficient to get Jenny to sing "One Hand In My Pocket" at karaoke again, too!! :D

nodak1982 said...

I'm in! I'll sing it! Totally feeling inspired!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...