Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stardust

This mani was inspired by this blog post.  I was going for more whimsical since I only had one glitter choice.  I really think this one is  


I went to the original blog post where the idea came from and watched a video with English subtitles, but I was still unclear quite how to do the look, so I interpreted the technique on my own.  My base polish was China Glaze Sky High-Top.   I, then, took a clear stripe of polish to the base of my nails, put a light dusting of regular glitter on top, then applied a clear coat of polish to adhere and drag the glitter.  Then I did a second layer of glitter by adding a larger, hexagonal glitter on top (with the same application technique).  I also topped of the look with Seche Vite for added shine.

5 comments:

alison said...

I really like this one

Erin said...

I LOVE this!!! Do the larger pieces of glitter catch on things/peel off? Cuz it looks awesome...

Kari said...

This one is one of my faves so far.

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Ooo yeah! I like this one a lot too. I bet it would be fun to try it with different colors too.

Jessie said...

One of my favorites.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...